Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Watchtower


Now during the time I was married my blood sister was also trying to find her way to a new religious path as she realized like me that what we were taught was just not right.  She had meet someone who was a Jehovah Witness and she had decided to learn and then become one. I used to watch my niece while she had bible study and would sit and listen to what they had to say.  Now I have always believed in Jesus Christ and I really had no problem with him and some of the things he taught..  I would listen to this women explain to my sister what they believed and what it was all about. I did agree with some of their ideas but not all.. so  while she was learning I was to.  Soon I realized this wasn't for me either.. While I supported my sisters choice and what went along with it I knew it wasn't for me.  I can say this.. This was the first time I ever heard the word PAGAN as they use that word a lot in their teachings. Did I understand what it meant.. No not at all.. I thought it was devil worship because that is what I heard..

 I did want to add this... While my sister was in their church I liked the sense of community they had.. Helping each other when they needed it.. hmmm to bad other churches do not do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment